HomeTFA Chartered Financial Planner – Maurice Scant
Chartered Financial Planner
Maurice specialises in providing advice on Pension planning and Employee Benefits. He is a Pension Transfer Specialist and is actively involved with many employers within Devon & Cornwall, promoting financial awareness for employees and providing valuable support for employers.
Maurice provides a completely independent financial advice service, often but not exclusively dealing with matters of:
• financial protection, including life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection;
• investments and savings of all kinds, whether orientated towards income, capital growth, or both;
• pensions, from accumulating pension savings cost-effectively to managing the withdrawal of funds in retirement in the most tax-efficient way;
• corporate risk management, to ensure the continuity of businesses in the event of the loss of key personnel, and the provision of contingency funds to allow for the purchase of shares in the event of retirement or death.
• Complex Investment, Estate and Trust Advice
Following several years as a successful Retail Sales Manager, he joined Standard Life in 1996, moving from general consultancy to the Wealth Management division in 2000, around the time of gaining his Diploma.
An Independent Financial Adviser since 2004, Maurice has continued to build his clients entirely through referrals from existing clients or local professional connections. Maurice achieved the Advanced Diploma in 2006, allowing the use of designation APFS, Associate of the Personal Finance Society, and was awarded the status of Chartered Financial Planner in 2008.
Maurice is an integral part of the Corporate team, nominated for Money Marketing Corporate Advisers of the year award.
Maurice holds the following qualifications:
• Generic Advice FPC 1, 2 & 3 AF5
• Pensions G60 K20 R08 PMI
• PMI Certificate in Pensions Auto-Enrolment
• Employee Benefits GR1
• Taxation G10 J01
• Trusts G10 J02
• Investment Planning G20 CF2
• Protection RO5
• Long Term Care CF8
• Mortgage & Equity Release MAQ CF7 HR1